Monday, July 19, 2010

Rush Job

My persistent dilemma in writing about the San Luis Valley or the canyons of the Rio Grande and its South Fork, or the mountains of the San Juans and the Sangre de Cristos, is that in proclaiming the sublime beauty, one then has a hand in its despoiling.  Indeed, there is little point in the telling if it is not to implicitly suggest to others that the area is worth a look-see—or more.

Fortunately, I don't think that poses an actual problem with my blog, counting as it does only two followers, and very casual followers at that. But still, the quiddity remains.

The mystery of the July 3rd fireworks display in South Fork has been solved. Apparently, South Fork and Creede, the quaint old mining town 23 miles up-rio, agreed to alternate nights for their fireworks shows so that area residents and the many tourists staying with us could enjoy both. I guess next year folks in Creede can feel odd.

Had some trouble getting on line today. My best guess is that one or another of various program updates I downloaded gummed up my external router, the wireless antenna I depend on when the RV park gets crowded. Not sure which of my desperate remedies fixed it, but all of a sudden it started working again, so I jumped on the opportunity to post. Bit of a rush job as I'm going sans graphics. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

No comments: