Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Outbreak

I was delayed in St. Louis's less-than-delightful cold and rain two more days recovering from a minor illness. Then I enjoyed two days and nights in cold and rain headed through Illinois, Kentucky, Tenessee and into Mississippi. I did take time to visit the confluences of the Mississippi with both the Missouri and Ohio Rivers. There seems to be something sacred about the confluence of waters, and those two are major.

I hadn't seen the sun in nearly a week, an odd experience for a Coloradan, especially one from the San Luis Valley, where we see the sun 360 days a year. Around Tupelo, just about the time I began to consider the advisability of sacrificial offerings, the sun finally broke out. Unfortunately, so did a case of the shingles!

As the outbreak was, mercifully, more annoying than painful, after seeing a doctor I decided to push on to Meridian. Once here, since I was on my way to visit an already sick friend who was vulnerable to chicken pox, I decided to lay over a week and recover myself.

Strange trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought that you like traveling :)
And even if you are saying that nothing's perfect, I know that each non-perfect thing is actually perfect! Enjoy your trips...

Never know where you are! :)