Monday, December 20, 2010

Good unintentions

You know how it is. You move just one piece of furniture and, the next thing you know, you’ve rearranged the whole room.

That’s sort of what happened to this website.

I was going to reposition the caption on a picture in my other website, one thing led to another—and here we are with a total redesign on this page instead.

Can I show you around?

I wanted to keep the blog site clean and simple, but a little less stark. This template model has crisp sections, with soft edges in muted gray.

The "boot" got the boot!
To clean it up a little more, the “about me” blurb, along with my posterized face, has been moved to a separate page; there’s a link on the right, under “Pages”.

Then I redesigned the heading, though still featuring my photo from Monument Valley. I moved the title down, used outline letters, and even managed to “trim” that annoying boot-shaped broken limb from the middle of the picture.

I fiddled with alignment, column widths and font size.

But I never did get around to moving that photo caption on my other blog.

*

No comments: