Monday, December 13, 2010

Cooling off period

Just to be sure, I’ve waited several weeks, but now it seems safe to assume that winter has arrived here in the Sonora. Some of the signs:

• I’ve taken to wearing socks.

• My shirt is no longer a clammy layer between my back and the recliner.

• I only run one fan, maybe two, and just in the afternoon.

• Breakfast is finished before the sun comes up.

• I can get a drink of cool waterright from the tap.

• I haven’t used my furnace, but I do wear a hoodie at night.

• I’ve already closed my window at night twice in the past three weeks.

• I keep a jacket handy if I go out at night.

• Going out in daylight is pleasant no matter what the hour.

• Sometimes I cook a meal on the stove in the middle of the afternoon.

• A hot cup of coffee seems just the thing early in the morning.

• The RV park is filling up.

Yup, I'm thinkin' summer's over here in the Old Pueblo.

*

No comments: